Thursday, October 26, 2006

Not a Fashionable Girl (photo heavy, sorry!)

I think, in my last post, I mentioned that I received a skein of Malabrigo, in gorgeous shades of purple. I'm in love with this yarn... and so worried that this one skein won't be enough for a fantastic scarf. I've been hesitant to start working with it due to that.



I also received 3 skeins of Noro Silk Garden, color 84. It's just beautiful... pretty much every color in the rainbow is in this one skein! Dusty said it looks like Fiestaware. Hehe. The ladies at the yarn store I got to visit on vacation told me it would take three skeins to make a bag I'd been eyeing... I ended up needing only a yard of the third skein to finish the bag. I think I also have complained already about my desire for an entrelac hat pattern to use the third skein. I don't know where the pattern is from, sorry! If you recognize it, please let me know. I definitely want to give credit.





Here are all the new yarns, including an in-progess shot of the bag.



And here's the finished bag:



Unbelievably easy, I started on this bag on Saturday, and finished it Monday, I think. It's all garter stitch, and some very simple shaping. It knit up so quickly, and while it's small, it's a great size for me - I never carry large bags! I love it!

I also finished this vest from Knit.1, Spring/Summer '05. I've never seen anyone else in knit-blogland make it, and I can't understand why! It's darling! I'm very happy with the finished product. I am a little worried that the sweater vest adds some unwanted bulk, though. I made the smallest size, and used under 3 skeins of Cotton-Ease in Pineapple for this, and made only a couple of mods. The vest was too long when I finished it, so I undid the seams, and removed a few (2 or 3?) inches from the bottom, picked up the ribbing, and knit until it was right. I also knit the armband ribbing in the round, as opposed to flat.



As the subject line states, I'm definitely NOT a fashionable girl, but in this outfit, I feel that even my super fashion conscious ex-roommate would approve. Hehe.

Here's a close-up of the vest.



And the side:



The details really are important:



And, just because I love it, a close-up of the fedora:



Those shoes could fool anyone into thinking I've got style!



Yes, I've posted them already, but the shoes really work with this outfit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bad and vest are great! I wish I could get away with wearing that color because I really like it, but it clashes horribly with my skin tone. It looks so good on you though. And the whole outfit is awesome!

Anonymous said...

That vest is REALLY cute, and I loooove how you styled it with the fedora, pinstripes and black shoes. Very stylish!