Wednesday, December 20, 2006

No longer MIA

Sorry it's been so long since I updated. I've been pretty busy, and actually have some finished projects to show!

First, I want to show off some new jewelry. These are creations of Lauren at Cult Designs. Aren't they adorable?

Kissing Kiddie Earrings


Message in a Bottle pin


I just adore them!

Now, for the things I've been making.

First, for my mom's Christmas gift, a hat and scarf set. The scarf is, I think, Paton's Pebbles. The hat is crocheted in good ol' Red Heart, and edged with the yarn I used for the scarf.


Scarf and hat set for my sister-in-law. I don't recall the name of this yarn, but it is so soft and cuddly. It was hard to give away, but worth it!


I finally tried my hand at making cards. I did some Christmas cards, for Dusty, his parents, and grandparents. I used cardstock, those cute lil scrapbook thingys, and construction paper. I printed words out from my computer. Sorry the pictures suck. I am a poor photographer, and I always seem to have trouble with things reflecting the light from the flash.


This is the one I made for Dusty's parents. I think it's soooo friggin' cute! Yes, I'm that modest.


I did this one for Dusty's grandparents. I just love that Santa!


Here's the one I made for Dusty. I am very happy with how it came out!


I loved making the cards... cute, fun, and not very time-consuming. I can easily see how they COULD be, but these didn't take me too long. I need to work on things to put on the inside of the cards. I had no ideas for that, so I just cut some of the background paper, printed out "Merry Christmas" or the like, and wrote a note in them. I definitely want to make more cards in the future... though I will still buy cards from the store as well.

For Dusty's mom's Christmas gift, I sewed this purse. I think she was pretty happy with it. She didn't realize I'd made it until Dusty told her, so that's good!

The pattern is Indygo Junction's Metropolitan Handbag. I'll review this pattern at PR, and link to it when I do. The fabric is an Amy Butler print I thought would be perfect for her. The fabric flower tutorial can be found here. I love the flower... so cute and easy to make!




Of course, I had to make something for myself, too. I used the cloche pattern from Lion Brand, written specifically for this yarn. Now, I don't know if my head is small or something, but the hat, knit to gauge on the specified needles came out WAY TOO BIG. I wish I'd taken a picture of it... it was really funny! I decided to be lazy, and instead of undoing the whole thing, and re-knitting it, I decided to try felting. I know, stupid. I should have realized that the added structure felting would give would be a bad thing for this hat. Anyway, I felted it and it still sucks. I thought it would be super cute, but it just looks super silly. I think it looks better in these pics than in real life. I have an idea on how to save the hat, but it will be very different from this style. We'll see if it works... nothing to lose now! That will be awhile, since I'm leaving for Kansas soon and didn't bring the hat with me.





I'm still working on Gatsby Girl, and since I only brought that and the Pomatomus, I should start really making some progress on it.

Edited to add: The link to the pattern review is here: Bag pattern review.

Edited again to add: I got the AB fabric from Fabric.com. Has anyone else had problems with their design wall? I got another fabric to use for the band originally, but it turned out to not be a match at all, though it looked very nice together on the design wall. How dependable is it really?

2 comments:

Karin said...

Awesome cards! I like your bag too.
Have a nice Christmas!

sulu-design said...

You posted this a while ago, but I'm only now catching up on my blog reading. You were busy before the holidays! Everything looks fabulous, but that bag in particular is AMAZING!