Sunday, December 10, 2006

Fabric Questions

So, let's say you had the pattern for this dress and you wanted to make it. What fabric would you use? I am really planning on making up one of my vintage dress patterns soon, and this may be the one. I think it's just fabulous.

No update on the knitting progress, as there has been very little. I did start on a bag for Dusty's mom over the weekend, but I'm not completely happy with it yet, so it's not finished. I'll have pics of it when I do finish, though... fortunately, I never have to worry about her running across the blog, since she doesn't really use the internet. hehe.

3 comments:

Karin said...

That's lovely!!

I would use like a satin type for the dress and use a velvet/velour for the shrug part on top.

Anonymous said...

Erin had one like that up on http://www.dressaday.com/2006/12/secret-lives-of-dresses-vol-9.html/ in red. It looks like silk, but that's just my guess.

Marji said...

I've got that pattern and made a muslin for fit last summer. I'm planning on cutting it just as soon as I get some other things finished - at this point I'm using a wool/cashmere blend satin suiting. I had planned to use a silk jacquard, and may still make this twice, as I just love the lines.
I left you a note on the Pattern Review message board, but I wasnt' sure you'd see it.