Saturday, April 14, 2007

FO - VK Twist Top

Wow, what a quick knit this was! I finished this thing so quickly, I didn't even have a chance to blog about it.

Project details:

Pattern: From VK Spring/Summer 2005, Twist Top
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Bubble Gum, ~2 3/4 ball
Needles: Size 6 from the Boye IC
Mods: Not one

This was sooo easy to make, and I really love the finished product! It hasn't been blocked yet, but I just couldn't wait to show y'all. I'll post another pic or two after it's blocked and dried.

If I did it again, I'd use a different yarn. Not because I didn't like the Cotton Ease, in fact, I really like it. But this top feels quite heavy. Ideally (for me), this top should be in a lighter yarn with better drape. I would like to see it in a sport or even fingering weight yarn. But I'm no good at rewriting patterns so drastically, so I used what I had, and am still very happy with it. It will probably be too warm for summer in La, but it will do fine for spring... though it's currently 50 F and too cool outdoors for me to wear short sleeves. At least I won't regret the time it'll take to dry!




BTW... not to be crude, but the spot is on the mirror... not on the crotch of my pants. Just wanted to make sure that was clear! ;-)

7 comments:

Tany said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!!!! Well done!!

sulu-design said...

Quick is right! I can't believe how productive you are. And it's so cute on you. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

It's so cute! I love this.

Karin said...

That's really cute...good job!

And sorry but I can't help you on where that pattern from the previous post is from.

Susan Luni said...

That is adorable! I can never figure out what to do with my Cotton-ease. It is really too hot to wear in the summer in La.
On that pattern you saved the pic of -- if you right-click on it, then click on properties, you might see the source website.

Elizabeth said...

Dang, that's so cute. Nice job. The color is perfect.

Marji said...

very cute top!