Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Finished Object: Gretel

I finished Gretel! Thank goodness, for I needed a finished object. I'm not sure how happy I am with it - the yarn (Malabrigo) couldn't be nicer, the pattern is so well written, and the hat itself is lovely... but I am still unsure of how wearable it is for me. I made the slouchy version, and I'm afraid that it may be TOO slouchy.

These pictures were taken on my camera phone, and seriously suck. Hopefully, better photos to come, when I get batteries for my digital cam and after the hat has finished blocking.




Now I've been struck by the desire to finish the long forgotten Sideways Spencer, but I've lost my place! I have no idea what to do there now and hope I don't have to do anything drastic, like start over. Ugh. I really want to finish one of my sweaters now!

6 comments:

Chris O'Brien said...

Oh, I love it! I think it's the perfect amount of slouch.

Tany said...

It's perfect!! I would wear it!

sulu-design said...

I like the slouch - very hip, and perfect for fall.

Susan Luni said...

I think the pictures are good, and are flattering to you. The hat looks pretty. I can't answer the 'how much slouch' question. Everytime I think I've got too much slouch, and reknit a hat smaller, it just looks like a beret. I guess slouch is hard to judge.

Elizabeth said...

Very cute! I would totally wear that.

catherine said...

i noticed on craftster you had problems with the "work in patt as set"...i did the first "work in patt" just fine by looking at the stitches and just doing the same stitch. but now i'm after the first t3f/t3b rnd and can't see what the stitches are. arg! how did you do it?