Thursday, June 21, 2007

FO (?): Simplicity 4076: Wrap Top

So I finished this about a week ago, but have been hesitating on calling it "finished" because it's a little too tight. I mean, it's pretty tight, and I like to wear my clothes fitted, but I think this one might be too much, if ya know what I mean. I've decided to wear it a couple of times and see what I think. I left big seam allowances, so I can make it looser if I'd like. I love the fabric, and it was only $1.99. I love this pattern - it's so easy, and the results are great! Link to the review at PR is here.

As usual, the quality of these pictures is poor. I had to take them in the mirror with no flash, so I apologize for the blurriness!





Also, I've been meaning to post these for a bit, but had been too lazy to upload pictures from my camera until tonight. I didn't use a mirror for these but had to turn off the flash, and I haven't figured out how to get a clear picture of small objects yet, so I apologize for the quality of these pics as well! These are earrings I received from Susan of Sulu-design! The black ones I had ordered for graduation, but they never arrived, so she kindly sent me another pair and two extra pairs, all of which I LOVE. The pink and black are just perfect to match the fabric I got to make the Vogue dress for. I really appreciate the great service and beautiful earrings, thank you so much, Susan! I didn't get to wear the graduation earrings for graduation, but I've gotten a lot of wear out of them since then!






She's got some more great designs in her Etsy shop. I particularly like these three pairs.

4 comments:

Bonnie O. said...

I don't think the top looks too tight. I think it looks adorable on you. But you're smart to "try it out" a few times before finishing it off. It doesn't matter how many people tell you how cute it is, if you don't feel comfortable in it, it won't work for you.

But I love it! :o)

Anonymous said...

I like the top on you! It's pretty fitted, but looks just like what you see in stores right now.

I'm off to read your review at PR...

sulu-design said...

I agree with Bonnie - I don't think the top looks too tight, but if you're not comfortable in it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Maybe you could wear it under a fitted jacket. It has a great neckline. And thanks for the plug - I was scrolling down, looking at your photos, and was pleasantly surprised to see the earrings. I hope you're enjoying them!

Tany said...

I think the top looks great on you!