Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sewing FO: Simplicity 4076

You may wonder why I am making two separate posts in a row instead of just putting all of my fos together in one big post. I thought it would be easier to keep up with if I do a separate entry per fo instead of just lumping them all together as I've been doing.

Anyway, I also made Simplicity 4076 just a couple of days ago. What a great pattern this was! So easy, and I am really happy with the two tops I got out of it. That's right, two! The muslin actually turned out wearable, and that never happens for me! I think this top looks very RTW, even with my less-than-stellar finishing. I was very careful with the finishing, as I've finally grasped the "it's your hobby, what's your hurry" frame of mind, but still I am not great at it yet, so although it's improved, it's by no means perfect. But I've worn one of the tops already, and I am extremely pleased!




Here's the link to the review on PR.

4 comments:

Tany said...

Very well done on both tops and the dress, Crystal!

Karin said...

Both the tops and the dress look awesome!

I am finally starting to take note of the "slow down it's your hobby" mentality and it really does pay off, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

WOW! You're on a sewing roll! I love the tops and the dress - you did a fantastic job. Now running off to PR to read your reviews....

sulu-design said...

You know your shape so well - v-necks and fitted waists look smashing on you! Beautiful tops.