Sunday, June 03, 2007

Oh no!

Evidently, I will not be getting my Vogue 8386 dress pattern from eBay. It looks more and more like I've been screwed over on that one. This is my first transaction in which I paid but didn't get my item. I've emailed the seller several times (at least 3) without receiving a reply, and the seller has 7 bad feedback comments within the past couple of weeks. I am VERY disappointed... I guess I'm going to have to file a report with eBay and Paypal to get my money back, and I wanted this pattern so badly! I really wanted to work on this dress soon. ARGH! And it figures the Vogue sale would pass, and there is no where around here that sells patterns... there is a store about 40 min away, I think (I don't know the area too well yet), but it will do me no good if I can't get over there during a sale... and I'll probably be working that weekend. And I also feel bad, because what if something bad happened to this person, and that's why they haven't sent the things out, and here I am whining about a sewing pattern! :-(

In good news, I actually worked on Rapunzel some last night and got to the armhole shaping. It feels good to be knitting again after my hiatius.

Thank you all for the great comments on my recent projects! I am going to be doing some more knitting and some sewing, so I will have more to update about... but not the dress! So disappointing.

Speaking of dresses, there was a Garnethill catalog in the mail, and I fell in love with this dress. I really want to copy it, anyone have pattern suggestions? It's linen.



Also, I have a book recommendation for you! I am calling it a recommendation rather than a review, as I am neither a writer nor a critic, just an avid reader. I just finished The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I loved it! It is about a boy who ends up stranded on a lifeboat with a tiger and three other animals. It is charming and a well thought out story. It is not "action-packed;" it is more of a thinking type of book, yet there is still some exciting action in it, certainly enough to make you fear for the main character's life many times, and it is a very original story. Pi is such a real character, too... so well developed. I highly recommend it! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your ebay transaction. I don't know if you have a Joann's close by but they are haveing their $3.99 sale on Vogues Jun 7 - 9. Here is the link: http://joann.shoplocal.com/joannsalesflyer/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2412154&rapid=401989&pagenumber=4&listingid=-2093293027&ref=%2fjoannsalesflyer%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepageflash%26storeid%3d2412154%26pagenumber%3d4%26rapid%3d401989%26prvid%3dJo-AnnStores070603TA
Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

OOh,I want to do that dress to! Both Joann's and Hancocks have Vogues on sale the 7-9. Hancock also runs the sale patterns on their site as well (they may have free shipping on them as well, but I'm not sure).

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dress! I hope you find a good pattern.