Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Is it too much to ask?

All I want is to knit an entrelac hat using my remaining skein of Silk Garden. Is that really asking too much? Apparently. The few patterns I have found seem to require more than one skein of yarn. Is entrelac really that much of a yarn hog? I can always get an entire hat out of just one skein, even with crochet... usually, I even have leftovers! So why would an entrelac hat need more than one skein of the Silk Garden? I'm afraid to start up anything if I'm going to need more or contasting yarn, because I've discovered this stuff doesn't like to be frogged very much. Well, I didn't actually have to rip it, but I did have to drop a couple of stitches to pick up one I'd dropped a few rows down, and that was more difficult than usual. Argh!

I have two FOs of which I'll be posting pictures soon (hopefully this week). Unfortunately, they are neither the Spencer jacket nor the Gatsby Girl sweater, but they are cute. I've only had time to work on easy projects, and it's annoying me... but school must come first!!

Oh, and not only was this my first Silk Garden experience, but I also finally got a skein of Malabrigo. That stuff is heaven! I am in love with it.

No comments: