Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Deal With Myself

You may or, more likely, may not notice that several projects have been moved to the "Back Burner" on the sidebar, though they've been on the back burner for awhile now, in reality. Today, I was putting away a couple of things in my needle case, and realized it looks like I don't have any straights or circulars, only DPNs. This is because I have so many projects in the works. That's just shameful!

I'm making a deal with myself, and posting it here so that it will be real. That way, maybe, hopefully, I can keep it. For some reason, starting a new project is always so exciting for me, but then I put it down and don't feel like picking it back up. It's getting out of control. I love knitting, and I love having a finished knit, so I don't know why it's so hard for me to keep on just one project!

Anyway, here's the deal:

I cannot cast on for any new projects until I finish at least 3 BIG projects. The only exceptions are: a stockinette/garter stitch project - if I finish my current one, I can start a new one, because I only work on it at times I couldn't work on anything that requires attention, or if Cookie chooses me to test knit her cute cabled sweater thingy, I can drop everything else and work on it... because I really, really love it. :-D

I'm going to focus on: the armwarmers I'm test knitting, Gatsby Girl, Butterfly (but only when I can give it my complete attention, since this knit requires that much of me!), and I am going to give Delphine another shot. If Butterfly frustrates me too much, I can elect to work on the Spencer Jacket in its place, but I'm hoping Butterfly will get easier for me. Knitting lace is a new experience - I'm not used to having to pay attention to EVERY SINGLE STITCH!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

It really helps me to use the blog as a way of organizing my thoughts and getting projects in order. Glad to see I'm not alone in this! I'm looking forward to seeing your BIG projects.