Wednesday, February 08, 2006

More on the Delphine sleeve...

I now have two completed sleeve bottoms. Yay!!

I know people are just dying (ok, so maybe not!) to know what I'm doing for the top part of the Delphine sleeve. Well, I've been thinking about it alot, and have run two or three different ideas around in my head, but I've finally settled on something I think will look really nice. I don't particularly care for the holes in the sleeves of her sweater. True, they are very interesting and make you wonder how she did them, but well... I just don't see the practicality of a sweater with holes in it. I mean, the whole idea of a sweater is to be warm, and well, this just seems to be defeating the purpose a bit. So, instead, here is a little drawing of my proposed sleeve. The picture looks pretty bad, because I sketched it as quickly as I could. But anyway, here it is, with a little explanation.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This picture isn't perfect, but it's close enough. For the upper section, I plan to do another tube, again, picked up from the armband. I'm going to do two regular cables. The tricky part is that I want mine to cross over one another like hers do, except no holes. So I'm (hopefully) going to have two cables, that are going to travel in a curve and cross over at the elbow of the upper, and then come apart again at the armband... assuming I can figure this out. I'll do some shaping and all...hopefully this will work out; I'm just going to fudge it until it does. I am so glad I'm not afraid of ripping out!

No comments: